So I googled away some ideas and this one so far has been the best one.
I will keep you posted if it truly works! I also added some Peppermint essential oil into the “tea” to board off deer as well.
Remember to keep it natural to protect you, your animals, and the environment. NO harsh chemicals are used on our ranch!
The picture below is Mullein another wonderful herb. The flower, leaves, and root have all been used for inflammation including diarrhea, cough, and asthma. It is also wonderful for helping with bruising, burns, and gout. It can be ingested, applied topically, and even smoked! I like making it into a tea as well as a tincture.
Strong smelling plants, herbs and spices deter insects and other pests.
- Tea Spray for Bugs:
- Mix together plants like garlic, rhubarb, mint, onions, cayenne, and ginger.
- Cut them up into large pieces and place them in a pot or saucepan.
- Cover them with water and boil.
- Turn off the heat and allow the “tea” to sit overnight.
- Strain the liquid away and pour it into an amber spray bottle.
- (I added about 1/4 cup of Castile soap to make it stick)
- Add about 15 of so drops of Peppermint essential oil to your spray.
- Create a caffeine mixture, if you are having a problem with aphids.(brown bugs)
- Mix 1 cup (240 ml) of yarrow, lavender and/or catnip with 2 tbs. (10 g) of used coffee grounds and 2 cups (473 ml) of water. Allow the mixture to sit overnight.
- Strain the liquid and pour into a spray bottle. Only keeps for a week or two.
- What is really awesome is the Yarrow and Lavender I can get right out of my herb garden! I just love that I have grown the herb myself! Yarrow grows all over our ranch naturally, so we have an abundant amount to use. That was of course before I knew what yarrow was.
Yarrow is an amazing herb! I had a student who was working with Bokoda our horse, and he cut his nose. I asked her if she remembered what herb would help his wound. She instantly remembered YARROW! She ran to the garden and picked the top flower and gently placed it on his bleeding nose. She held it there talking so sweet to him and soon the bleeding stopped. She was so excited and so was I as teaching how herbs can heal as the Lord intended. Read more here you will be amazed too so start picking and drying your herb for tea, soups, salads, and even nice herbal oil to pour over salads.
Remember today to
Love deeper, talk sweeter,
UPDATE: For 2018 we are a go! This worked wonderful!!!!