I did take out the cream that is often put into the sauce, and it takes awesome just knowing it’s not in there and taste great!
When you can, try and use fresh ingredients. It gets hard for us not only living in Minnesota and not having fresh produce all year round, but we also live over 30 minutes from town. So when I can, I freeze my herbs when I grow them in the summer. I will do the same with fruit like peaches, and berries.
We love to eat fresh all year round so we have to can or freeze to have those special flavors.
Here is what you need:
1 pound of Fettuccine Noodles
2 cups of Almond Milk
1/2 cup of Almond Milk Creamer, Vanilla or Hazelnut
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 stick of butter, unsalted
1 1/2 cup of Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water and add some sea salt.
2) Once it comes to a boil, drop in your fettuccine. Cook for 6-9 minutes. You want them a little al dente. Tender, but still firm.
3) While the noodles are cooking begin your sauce. In a sauce pan, melt butter. Add garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
4) Add your milk and creamer and continue to stir.
5) While stirring add you parmesan cheese, basil and parsley. Continue stirring until slightly thicker.
6) Add you salt and pepper to taste, keep warm while you plate the noodles.
Your sauce will get thicker while it sits for a few minutes. When you don’t use real cream, the thickening is different, but tastes amazing! My hubby didn’t even notice! I added fresh basil which is just a must!
Add more cheese on top with more basil if you like!
SO yummy and healthier than other recipes!
Enjoy and God’s blessing upon you today!
Love deeper, talk sweeter,