Ok I know homemade hamburger buns…EASY? No way! Well, your wrong. This recipe is wonderful and it truly is easy peasy. Trust me!
By the way, it won’t take long to prepare and while your doing other things the rise is simple.
Tips for making homemade bread:
The biggest tip my hubby the bread maker tells me…
1) Watch that the milk is not too hot or too cold for anything mixed with a yeast or you will spoil the yeast
2) While you knead the dough, make sure you time it and pull the bread to see the elasticity. I should of taken a picture of this for you but was so into it I forgot.
Anyway, I think you will be proud of yourself for making these and with the big game coming up it will be a special treat! You can make them smaller for sliders. Great for bigger crowds too!
Here ya go!
1 cup warm almond milk (100 degrees F)
1 tbsp active dry yeast
¼ cup organic sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
1 egg (room temp)
1 tsp fine sea salt
3-3 1/2 cup all purpose flour
For top of buns:
1 egg beaten with 1 tsp water (wash on top of bread dough to give it a shiny look)
- Combine milk and yeast in small bowl. Make sure milk is not more than 100 degrees. Stir well. Pour into larger bowl.
- Mix in sugar, butter and egg, then add the salt and flour.
- Pull dough onto slightly floured counter and knead for 6-8 minutes. The dough should be smooth and have elasticity.
- Set aside in a warm place and cover with a towel for an hour or doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and divide into 8 equal balls onto a pan that you have greased and dusted with corn meal.
- Flatten into 3” circles. I used the lid of a mason jar to make my circles.
- Let rise for 30 minutes than beat your egg and water and brush on each bun top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place in 375 degree oven and bake for 14-16 minutes or until nice golden brown.
Due to the fact these are homemade, you need to put them an airtight container and eat within 3 days. Or freeze.
I tell ya…best buns ever and guess what….YOU MADE THEM HOMEMADE nothing better!!!!
Let me know what you think if you tried it! Love to hear how yours turned out.
Love deeper, talk sweeter,