TOO Die for Peach Cobbler!
My man just loves cobbler! He loves any kind, cherry, strawberry, doesn’t matter…but he ADORES peach cobbler! I have made many variations of this famous dessert. Some with biscuit like toppings, to total covering the top with a crust, but this one so far is the winner. I have made it several times now and the only thing you have to make sure is to add the NUTMEG! It really makes this dish a hit! This cobbler isn’t exactly the healthiest dessert with all the sugar and butter, just make sure its organic sugar and at least it will make you feel better. Ingredients:
- *1/2 cup unsalted butter
- *1 cup all-purpose flour
- *2 cups organic sugar, divided
- *1 tablespoon baking powder
- *Pinch of salt
- *1 cup almond milk
- *4 cups fresh peach slices
- *1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon (I used a whole lemon and it really was amazing)
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add almond milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and fresh lemon to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. I also add fresh whole nutmeg!
- Love the stuff, fresh of course
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve cobbler warm or cool.
- A fav at the ranch, top with homemade ice cream with fresh vanilla beans!
- We also like to serve our desserts in cute dishes. Personally, all of the Pioneer Woman stuff makes your kitchen and cooking so much more enjoyable AND colorful!
- I found these at Walmart.