Easy DIY Pillow Sham
I began sewing just a few years ago. So simple and easy is super important to me. I love this idea of just making a casing for the pillow as you can take it off and wash it. I have a tendency to pick brighter colors so this is super important to be able to wash them.
Where I get tea towels
Tea towels are wonderful to use so here is where I get mine. Of course, there are many ideas out there, just remember if you purchase from the link you are helping our ministry as ALL proceeds go to the ranch.
Thank you in advance!
Tea Towels Variety of colors
Dog and bike
Dog and leaves
Grey Checkered fabric (Fabric.com has great fabric, link on sidebar)
same with the pillows good prices
20 x 20 pillow
Pretty much anything you love you can plug into the search and find something fun. Just make sure they are cotton.
- First iron your towels
- Cut one 20.5″ by 20.5 ” Piece (this is my front piece)
- Cut two 20.5″ x 13
- Now for hemming to make a clean look. Take one 20.5 x 13 piece and fold it over 1/2 ” on the 20.5 sides. Iron in place fold again, iron hiding your raw edges. So the same with the other piece.
- Once folded and ironed, stitch with 1/4″ seam.
- Next, take your square piece 20.5″ with the right side facing up
- Overlap the two back pieces which will create an envelope to your pillow opening
- Pin everything in place and sew all the way around
- Use 20×20 pillow to fill
Your done! Isn’t that simple?
Yeah! I hope you make a ton! Especially for gift giving! I will post more as I make them for the Hoedown!
Love deeper, talk sweeter,