Easy Horse Treats
Our boys just love treats! We do many tricks with these guys so we always like to reward them for going the extra mile. We do not treat our boys by hand with the kids we serve as this can lead to bad behavior from the horse. They can get a little nippy or aggressive so we will treat them by placing the treat in a bucket. When I am asking the horse to bow, one of the tricks, I will give it to the horse versus the child. I would suggest implementing some good behavior training for yourself as well. There is nothing more annoying than a pushy horse!
Hope you find the recipe enjoyable to know you are giving your horse the best. Not only from your kitchen but from the heart as well.
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 1 apple grated
- 1/2 Cup Dried Herb of your choice (or two)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 Cup Flax Seed
- Favorite herb
- 1 cup rolled oats NOT QUICK
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix carrot, apple, coconut oil, and molasses together.
- Fold in salt, seed, herbs, oats, and flour until well mixed.
- Spread dough out in one big piece on the cookie sheet.
- Score dough with a knife to make it easier to break apart after baking. (Or, roll dough out and cut with cookie cutters)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Let cool.
Because there are natural ingredients in these treats, you must keep in a dry cool place and use within a couple of weeks. I am SURE your horses won’t mind! It is a treat that is healthy and safe! You gotta love that feeling!
Store these treats in a glass mason jar or a sealed bag. I don’t like to use glass around the ranch, but it does help to keep the treats much fresher.
Love deeper, talk sweeter