Nummy Nanna’s Treat Chocolate Cookies
Oh boy! I found a new recipe triggered by a relative on my husbands side. His great Aunt Cherie. SO simple using chocolate wafers (or make your own) and whipping cream! Yummmmmmy! For this is a Nanna’s treat with chocolate goodness! Aunt Cherie use to make this treat with her kids many moons ago and I can see why it was a hit. First, it’s cheap. Second it’s simple, easy to do with kids, and third everyone will love them! Try a batch you won’t be sorry!Ingredients: 2 cups of whipping cream 1 tsp. Vanilla 1 package of chocolate wafers (or make your own recipe below) 1 drop of Orange Essential oil Directions: 1) Whip cream in mixer until peaks form. At least 5 minutes or so. 2) Add vanilla, mix in. 3) On cookie sheet line with parchment paper. 4) Scoop cream mixture on one cookie and lay another on top. You can add another layer if you like or just top with cream. 5) Place in freezer for 4 hours. TRY not to sneak and take one…FAT CHANCE…I did! Adding essential oils to your everyday cooking is not only adding amazing flavor, but is SO good for you instead of extracts full of yucky stuff. SO try it! Homemade Chocolate Cookies ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened ¾ cup sugar ½ cup brown sugar, packed 1 tsp pure vanilla (or get creative and add orange, peppermint, or lavender, essential oil ONE drop) 1 cup all-purpose flour ¾ cup cacao powder ½ tsp baking soda ¼ tsp salt ¼ cup almond milk Directions:
- Cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla or oils, about 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cacoa powder, soda and salt.
- Next add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Add milk just to combine.
- Form a log about 1 ½ inches think. I covered my hands with coconut oil, you can use any oil even some butter.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Set oven 350 degrees. Place log on parchment paper on your cookie sheet.
- Cut each log piece about 1/8 inch thick coin size
- Make sure they are 2 inches apart or so. Bake for 8 minutes. Bake extra if they are not dry looking.