Pleasing your Gluten-Free Guests This Holiday Season
I just love this time of year! I love to try new recipes and being creative with all the fun ingredients this time of year offers. But I have to share…I struggle with the whole gluten-free thing. If I know a guest is coming who is gluten-free I want to make them feel comfortable and not feel like they are inconveniencing us. So I got to work on putting some recipes together that may change our way of eating. Below I gathered some favorites. I love this gal’s blog and shared her stuffing recipe. I hope you find it just as enjoyable, as well as a couple of others. The links will get you to their blog to try your hand at gluten-free cooking. Maybe if your not on that track of eating it may inspire you too! I sure am trying! I also added some links to make your table be adorable! I just love these dishes! Ranch style too! Click HERE for Natalie’s Stuffing recipe: Darling serving dish. Serving dish too cute! This is amazing! Dr. Axe recipe for Pecan Pie. The pie crust is hard to do but worth it! You have to try this. Just downright wonderful!!!Lastly is this Brussel sprouts recipe…I tell you it’s our favorite to serve for special occasions. It is sticky yummy for sure and the colors just make your dinner plate look beautiful. This is my man’s recipe…enjoy. Googie And Beautiful Brussels Sprouts 1 ½ lb Brussels sprouts 1/2 Purple Onion cut small 2 TBSP Olive Oil 1 Cup Balsamic vinegar ½ cup Sugar Salt and Pepper Cranberry raisins Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Trim your Brussels sprouts and coat them in a bowl with your olive oil.
- Place on a cookie sheet and add your salt and pepper. (Dan is quite generous with this)
- Place in a 375-degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- While in the oven prepare your gooey sauce. Get a saucepan and put Balsamic Vinegar and sugar in a pan. Bringing to a boil.
- Reduce heat and keep stirring for 15-20 minutes until thick and gooey.
- Take your spouts out of the oven that should be nicely roasted and spread your gooey sauce over them. Give them a good stir.
- Stir in your cranberry raisins and put into your serving dish. LOVE these!
- Garnish with your pomegranate seeds.