My man just loves cobbler! He loves any kind, cherry, strawberry, doesn’t matter…but he ADORES peach cobbler! I have made many variations of this famous dessert. Some with biscuit-like toppings, to a total covering the top with a crust, but this one so far is the winner. I have made it several times now and the only thing you have to make sure of is to add the NUTMEG! It really makes this dish a hit! This cobbler isn’t exactly the healthiest dessert with all the sugar and butter, just make sure it’s organic sugar and at least it will make you feel better.
- *1/2 cup unsalted butter
- *1 cup all-purpose flour
- *2 cups organic sugar, divided
- *1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon cream of tartar
- *Pinch of salt
- *1 cup almond milk
- *4 cups fresh peach slices
- *1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon (I used a whole lemon and it really was amazing)
* A dash of ground cinnamon or nutmeg fresh, I use both You will want these 2 spices on your shelf for other recipes for the fall and winter months! Just a whole different experience when you use fresh and whole ingredients!
Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add almond milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and fresh lemon to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. I also add fresh whole nutmeg!
Love the stuff, fresh of course
Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve cobbler warm or cold.
OH, Whip cream!!! Top away baby.
A fav at the ranch, top with homemade ice cream with fresh vanilla beans!
We also like to serve our desserts in cute dishes. Personally, all of the Pioneer Woman stuff makes your kitchen and cooking so much more enjoyable AND colorful!
I found these at Walmart.
I hope you will love this recipe as much as we do!
God bless and always remember…
Love deeper, talk sweeter, Lee