Favorite Five Nutritious Salad Dressings Using Simple Recipes
Basic Salad Dressing with Variations
Use high power blender for best results
- 1 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. unrefined flaxseed oil
- 1/4 cup red wine, apples cider, or balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Optional: 2 Tbsp alfalfa sprouts
Add 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped parsley, thyme or oregano, green onion, my fav…fresh basil…Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Strawberry-Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries (or raspberries)
- 1/2 tsp fresh basil
- Blend all ingredients except poppy seeds briefly in a high -powered blender. Add poppy seeds and pulse a couple of times.
This dressing is perfect with the Spinach-strawberry salad. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
Variation: Add a tablespoon of Dijon Mustard instead of paprika.
Asian Ginger Dressing
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger root, minced
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (can use Sesame oil, less nutritious but has a wonderful taste)
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup Nama Shoyu
- 3 tbsp. raw honey
Blend all together in a high-powered blender until the honey is liquified and the ginger root and garlic are well blended. Makes about a 1 1/2 cup. Great with cabbage salad
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2-4 tbsp. water to achieve the desired consistency
Blend all together, toss into salad immediately before serving. Makes 2 -2 1/2 cups
Healthy Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup organic buttermilk
- 1 cup organic sour cream
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
Blend briefly in a high-powered blender until just mixed, pour into a jar, and put in the fridge for a few hours to blend the flavors. Makes about 2 cups.
Enjoy trying your own variations to the ones above. I use all of these all the time!
Love deeper, talk sweeter,