Oh my is this soup amazing! If you are watching your weight or at least trying to eat healthier, this is for you and your family! It is supposed to have potatoes in it but I substituted cauliflower instead as we really don’t eat potatoes that much anymore. You can see a report on its effects here.
Flavor just dances in your tastebuds! Even the next day it is delightful.
Hope you like it as much as my family did.
- 1 head of Cauliflower, chopped up
- 8 cups water
- 4 tsp. chicken boullion powder
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 lb cooked bacon
- In a large Dutch oven, combine cauliflower, water, chicken bouillon, and garlic; bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered, until cauliflower is tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large cast iron pan, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles, 5-10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon drain onto paper towels and pat dry really well to get as much grease out as possible
- Add sausage and mushrooms to cauliflower mixture; return to a boil. reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or so. add your milk, sour cream, and pepper; heat another 10 minutes. Serve with bacon.
So wonderful…let me know if you tried it!
Love deeper, talk sweeter, eat well,