My daughter and I love making desserts so this Christmas season we were making Hot Chocolate bombs and saw how the mold idea made for another combination we adore…chocolate and orange flavor! So we tried one of the molds into a cupcake liner putting lots of chocolate in it and filling it with an orange creamsicle mousse. OH MY…it turned out fabulous! PLUS, we put the mixture into our Krumkake AND onto our Hot Chocolate pancakes. YEP…we love holiday baking and this mousse makes for more than just dessert! Hope you find it as yummy as we did!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 drop Organic Orange essential oil
- Juice of 1 orange, 1/4 cup
- zest of orange
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup chocolate wafers, melted
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. I used my Kitchen aid with the whipped attachment.
- Add in the powdered sugar, orange essential oil, juice, and salt and beat until combined.
Gently fold in the whipped topping. If you’re using real whipping cream, place the above mixture into another bowl, beat your whipped cream with a tsp of sugar, then fold into your orange mixture.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator until ready to serve. In the meantime…
- Heat your chocolate wafers in a microwavable bowl until nice and creamy.
- Fill a paper or silicone muffin cup 1/4 full and brush chocolate up the sides. Make sure every area is full of chocolate. Place in freezer for 5 minutes then do again making a nice thick chocolate muffin cup. Peel off paper and place on serving plate.
- When ready to serve fill up each chocolate muffin cup with orange filling. Add a sprig of orange zest on top.
Since New Year’s is around the corner…this would make quite the treat to any appetizer and game night! Ring in the new year with yummy goodness!
Happy New Year! 2021 here we come!
Love deeper, talk sweeter,