Classy Potato Gratin Dish That Is Quick, Easy, and A Family Favorite!
Don’t you just love a nice side for any good meal. Especially when you don’t have a ton of time to make something? I sure do! Here is a great side even make ahead if you like. Simple too!
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 1 tbsp. Finlandia butter softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz Finlandia Swiss cheese or aged Gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 c panko breadcrumbs
- Finely chopped fresh chives, dill, or basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice the potatoes about 1/8inch or less, using a mandolin slicer or sharp knife.
- Rub bottom and sides of 8×8 baking dish with softened butter, then place a single layer of the potatoes on the bottom. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and then with a scant layer of grated cheese. Repeat until used all the potatoes.
- Pour heavy cream over the potatoes, then use your fingers to gently press out any air pockets. Freshly grate nutmeg over the top then cover with panic breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about an hour or longer until the top is golden brown and a knife can be easily inserted in the center, indicating that no raw pieces of pat remain.
- Allow cooling for 5 minutes then serve with chives garnish.