Don’t buy those canned creamed soups…just don’t! They are not only full of sugar your body does not need but much added fats your body will not burn. Instead take a few extra steps and make your dish have a healthy richness and boost of flavor using a fresh cream soup. You won’t be disappointed!
My husband loves cooking homemade and really hated when I would buy the creamed soup to add to dishes! Really it was about money versus taste or health for him so he taught me to make my own. It is SOO simple and with the right ingredients will work every time!
- 3 tbsp. butter, REAL, lard, or coconut oil
- 3-4 tbsp. Xanthan gum or tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup milk (for richer use cream or half and half (no almond milk)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper and a dash more fresh pepper
- In saucepan melt butter, or fat of choice.
- Whisk in flour choice. It will make a thick paste.
- Slowly add liquids.
- Bring to just before boiling point. Add more liquid if it’s too thick.
- Remove from heat and add salt and pepper.
To make a cream of celery or mushroom just add 1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh celery or mushrooms.