Botanical Beverages Strawberry Basil Smash
Botanical Beverages using fruits and herbs will be a smash at any party! Not only is it good for you, but incredibly tasty too!
I find using fresh herbs in a beverage to not only make me feel healthy but absolutely more refreshing to the pallet! WOW! I love doing this and mixing it up a bit with using different herbs, bubble spritz either club soda or Kombucha even tea, and yes some people do add alcohol but we don’t. That to me would defeat the purpose of health as well as just not our style.
Try it anyway you like…and let me know of some other creations you came up with!
Some suggestions: Add lime, pink grapefruit, mint, blood orange, raspberries
Ingredients: Makes one
- cup of strawberries
- 2 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 oz honey syrup (see below)
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz club soda or kombucha or green tea
- garnish ideas, strawberries and or basil sprig
Combine the first 4 ingredients into a shaker. Muddle gently together just so berries are crushed. Over muddling will make the herb bitter. Add your soda and fill the shaker with ice. Shake until nice and cold. Double strain into a glass full of ice and garnish.
Isn’t it pretty? These make great holiday beverages .
1 c water and 1 c honey
Warm water in a saucepan, remove from heat and add honey. stir to dissolve and cool. Store in refrigerator for one month.
Fresh Watermelon Cucumber Mint
- Half large watermelon, peeled and cubed
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 cups fresh water
- 1/2 cup organic pure cane sugar
- juice of one organic lemon, and zest
- Combine the water and sugar in a small pot and boil on medium-high heat, whisking until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove sugar mixture from heat and add mint leaves to hot mixture and let everything steep for 20-30 minutes, covered with a pot cover.
- Once infused, add it to the blender along with the sliced watermelons, cucumber, and blend for about 2 minutes, at low speed. You may need to split the mixture if the blender gets too full.
- add in lemon and zest and blend for another 30 seconds. Strain juice into your prepared pitcher or mason jars.
- Chill juice in refried for 2 hours, serve over ice, and top with fresh mint leaves.
Enjoy all your creations and keeping healthy and hydrated!
Love deeper, talk sweeter,