Lavender Lemon Fritzer Fermented Beverage, two wonderful combinations to calm your day and refreshen the toxins in your body! Lavender not only is one of my favorite essential oils but as an herb in my cooking it really is a whole new world!
I like the idea of this recipe being a fermented beverage already to drink as an herbal fermentation is such a healthy alternative to any soda! If you like bubbly you will want to ferment a little longer, but if not, refrigerate after just a couple of days.
- 7 1/2 cups of filtered, boiled water
- 1/2 cup raw/local honey
- 1 tbsp. white vintager
- 4 tbsp. of fresh or dried Lavender Flowers
- 1 organic fresh lemon sliced into 1/2″ rounds
- Combine above ingredients into a large gallon mason jar.
- Secure lid and shake until honey is well dissolved.
- Place on counter, cover and ferment for 2 days.
- Strain out lavender and lemons using a strainer or cheesecloth.
- Transfer into glass flip top bottles leaving 1/2″ head room at top.
- Set bottles in a cool, dark place for 3 days.
- Open one bottle and taste to see if you have the carbonation you desire. If no carbonation, secure top and taste daily until you get your carbonation.
- Once you have the carbonation fizz you like, transfer bottles to your refrigerator to stop the fermentation.
If you see mold forming at the top of your liquid this is normal during the fermentation process. Called surface mold. Just scrap away removing and continue your process.
Enjoy every sip of your healthy flavorful herbal beverage!
Love deeper, talk sweeter, eat and drink healthier,