Crispy Zucchini Appetizer
My daughter and I are trying to cut down a few pounds. Unforntatley she got injured and can’t run, ride horses, or really much of anything so the one thing we can do is eat healthier.
We decided to try a low carb eating routine. I hate using the word “diet” as it just gets my thoughts in the wrong place instead of just reminding myself to make better choices. One habit for sure had to go is NOT eating desserts. At least until I get to half my goal weight. I do believe in setting goals than rewarding oneself. It helps the motivation part!
So far so good! In the first week, I dropped 5 pounds. Now it’s slowing down a bit to just 2 a week. As I am writing this I can tell you one thing for sure, I FEEL better already!
Here is a recipe my hubby and I had for an appetizer along with cheese sourdough crackers. We topped the dinner off with a wonderful, flavorful Brussel sprouts salad. It really was a special dinner and it just made you feel good!
- 2 small zucchinis
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs with your favorite herbs (I love thyme, sage, basil)
- 3/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper about 1/2 tsp each
- olive oil for frying
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp.Liquid Aminos
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup apricot preserves (gotta keep this in your refrigerator as it is a must for good flavor sauces)
- Blend together and set aside for dipping
- Cut zucchinis 1/4 inch rounds, keep the skin on
- Whisk eggs in a bowl by themselves
- Mix almond flour, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Get you oil into a cast iron pan which should be enough to coat the bottom of the pan pretty well.
- Dip each zucchini into egg bowl covering both sides, then dip into the flour mixture, set on wire rack.
- Add your circled zucchini’s into fry pan 2-4 at a time. (Oil should sizzle and envelop the circles.) Fry for 1-2 minutes then flip and do the other side. I use tongs and wear an oven mitt as this can splatter
Enjoy this low cal low carb appetizer and feel AWESOME with no guilt!
Love deeper, talk sweeter, eat healthier,