Delicious Hot Chocolate Pancakes Or Flapjacks
Delicious Hot Chocolate Pancakes or As My Dad Called them Flapjacks
I am excited to share this recipe because going into the winter season I always enjoy a good ol’ cup of hot cocoa…so why not start early in the morning adding a little breakfast bliss!
Our kids love pancakes or as my dad called them, Flapjacks, and especially when you can add whipped cream and chocolate, well too die for breakfast to get them rollin’ for the day is for sure.
With the church being at home this year, our Sunday mornings via video eating breakfast together has been a delight and this recipe has become a favorite!
Side note, ingredients that are highlighted for links to purchase not only help our ranch ministry, but truly we find these product to be the healthiest alternative to buying in a grocery store where product sits for long periods of time and is not fresh. Ingredients I go through a lot! So when you see a link, it is because we care for your health in every possible way!
Enjoy every bite and then some…it’s amazing!
- 1/2 c Cacao Powder
- 2/3 c Organic Sugar
- 3 c Sifted Flour
- 1 tbsp. +1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. Cream of Tarter
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 3 c Buttermilk
- 4 tbsp. Salted Butter, Melted
- 1 c Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 c Heavy Cream
- 5 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Chopped
- Whisk the cacao powder and sugar in a large bowl to break up clumps. Whisk in and sift together, flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter. Gradually fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a large skillet over low to medium-low heat and smear on some butter covering the entire pan. Add 1/3 scoops ( I use an ice cream scooper) to the pan and cook until small bubbles form on the surface and the edges are dry. FLIP and cook the other side until golden brown on the bottom. Repeat until your batter is done.
- For the best part…the sauce…Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan until hot but not boiling. Remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth. Top the pancakes with the chocolate sauce and marshmallows and sprinkles too!