Holy Cow, Best Busicuts, and Gravy EVER!
Best Busicuts and Gravy Ever as This Recipe Is Amazing!
I am sure everyone has at least one person in their life who loves this dish! Holy cow do I! My whole family goes hog wild for this breakfast and really…I could take it or leave it, but…when I want to make them happy I make this dish.
This past Father’s Day was pretty special as our kids are all home now and it was a pretty special day. Our daughter hasn’t celebrated Father’s Day in over 8 years so she wanted to make him his favorite dish. Later for dinner, our son made him his favorite appetizer. The one an only 7 layer dip which he got a surprise after we devoured the beautiful dish.
The biscuits are really DROP DEAD awesome! Seriously! I have tried many recipes but this one beats them all. How do I know? Because my man adored them and said, “hang onto this one hon!” So I did!
Ok…a little sidetrack there with the whole plate which led to the dinner menu, which too was fabulous. But for now, on with the beginning of our special day…
- 2/3 cup powdered milk
- 6 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp coarse pepper
- 2 sticks cold butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups buttermilk
Directions: Preheat oven 450 degrees
- Whisk the first 2 together.
- Add sugar, salt, sage, baking powder, cream of tartar, and pepper. Mix with fork well.
- Cut in butter. I cut them into cubes to help. Add shortening again blending and cutting in well.
- Add buttermilk mix until dough forms.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and spread out using your hands. Cut out circles to form biscuits. Make them about 1″ thick.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and brush on each biscuit.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1 lb sausage cooked
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. season salt
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook sausage until fully done. Add your milk and heat for 2-3 minutes. Slowly sprinkle in flour stirring as you do. Add seasonings and you are ready to pour over those warm biscuits!
This dish really is the best we have ever come up with and believe me…we have tried a ton of varieties over the years.
Enjoy…and let me know what you think!
Love deeper, talk sweeter,
Lee and the gang!