Refreshing Winter Salad
A Refreshing Winter Salad Good With Any Meal or Lunch
This salad is so simple and so worth serving to your family or in your entertaining. It just takes a few ingredients and a whole lot of herbs to leave your insides dancing with goodness! Let me know what you think! Dan wasn’t liking it too much, so it will be one I just make for myself. He needs more MEAT on his plate! HA! Enjoy!
- Baby Arugula
- 2-3 radishes, sliced
- 3 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yam or sweet potato, season and bake
- cooked chicken (optional for your meat man)
- fresh parmesan, shredded
- pinch rosemary
- pinch of sage
- pinch of oregano
- pinch of basil
- a sprinkle of dried dandelion
- a sprinkle of dried goldenseal
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- fresh-squeezed lime juice
- NOTE: you could add some scallions to this for a bit more punch and cayenne if you like a kick, just little pinches go a long way.
Place sliced sweet potato or yam on a cookie sheet drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper, oregano, and cayenne. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Once your yam or sweet potato is done cooking and if you chose chicken, let both of them cool. In a bowl, add Arugala I used 3 handfuls then mix remaining ingredients, herbs, more salt, and pepper if you like. Give it a nice toss and turn to make sure all the herbs and flavors have mixed well. Add your lime juice and toss again. Now it’s ready to serve!
Short and sweet and flavorful!
Love deeper, talk sweeter,