Don’t you just love having something on hand you can pull from the freezer and make for guests or for a party? I sure do…plus this is something you can make ahead. Gotta love it!
I also like trying different cheeses with this appetizer. Not everyone loves Bri so try any of your favorite cheeses and make it your own.
1- 8 oz sheet croissant dough
4 oz brie cheese, cut into cubes
3 tbsp cranberry rasins, finely chopped
3 tbsp. pistachios, finely chopped
1 tbsp. rosemary, finely chopped, some for garnish
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
honey for garnish
Directions: Preheat oven 375
- Roll out croissant dough onto a lightly floured area. Should be 8×12 size or so.
- Cut dough into squares making 24 squares. Using a pizza cutter cut 4 lines down 8″ side, and 6 lines down 12″side making 24 squares.
- Place brie cubes in each square. Mix pistachios and cranberries into a bowl and sprinkle on top of brie. Sprinkle a tinge of rosemary on top.
- Fold corners together on each cube lightly pinching corners together. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk beaten egg with 1 tbsp of water for an egg wash. Brush egg wash on each cube. Sprinkle rosemary and sea salt on top.
- Bake until golden brown, 12-14 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle honey on top place on platter decorating with rosemary sprigs and pomegranate seeds.