Thanksgiving this year took on a WHOOOOLLLLEEE new meaning!
Yep! For us when you almost lose a loved one to mental illness, struggles with ministry needs, son facing health issues with his liver again, and a daughter so far from home my heartaches. I am just overwhelmed with thanksgiving!
It has indeed been a difficult 2019…but we face 2020 with a new vision.
(GET IT? New Vision? 2020?)
I saw these special ribbons from Ever Thine Home. I wanted to make them myself but for $20 I couldn’t do it. There are 12 ribbons each having a different way of sharing thanks. Anywhere from describing a time in your past to sharing specific people whom you are grateful for. I loved it! And I think all of this year at the table did too!
Family and friends! Thanksgiving 2019 a year we will never forget and are grateful!
With this special way to begin our meal, our friend Lori made a delicious hot drink for us to enjoy as we cozy upped and had some wonderful conversations. This amazing drink is really easy and of course a wonderful presentation to show off to loved ones. She sure loved on us!
Ms. Lori’s (she’s a teacher/mentor/volunteer/board member…) RECIPE!
Carmel Apple Drizzle Delight
- Ingredients: Fresh is best…When you purchase from this herb market you are getting quality that hasn’t been sitting on a shelf. PLUS you help our ministry! 2 in1 deal!
- One large Honey Crisp Apple
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1-gallon Organic Apple Cider
- 2 cups of heavy cream, whipped
- Carmel sauce (melt your own, or buy the squeezed bottle kind)
- 1. Polk cloves an inch apart around the apple.
- 2. Put Apple cider into Dutch oven on low heat.
- 3. Place cinnamon sticks, cinnamon powder, and apple into Dutch oven.
- 4. Simmer for 4-6 hours, covered.
- 5. When ready to serve, put a tablespoon of caramel into each mug.
- 6. Fill a mug with cider, top with fresh whipped cream, and drizzle caramel on top.
Enjoy…it really hits the spot on a cold winters night!!!!
Love deeper, talk sweeter,