Dan is an amazing cook! And when it comes to deep frying he is in his element…except it isn’t always the healthiest way to eat so….I try to inspire him to cook with better oils. This recipe has been played with over and over and I think this one is awesome! Enjoy, they are worth the work!!!!
- 8 ears of corn shucked and cooked (or 4 cups frozen)
1/4 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced
- 3/4 tsp garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro minced
- 1 small purple onion very finely diced
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 Tbsp. salt
- 3/4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp. cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- jalapeno (optional) does add a nice bite
- purple cabbage to dressing plate
- Oil for cooking
For the Aioli:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Mix aioli ingredients together and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This will allow the flavors to blend together.
- Heat cooking oil to 350 degrees F.
- Grill the corn on a grill (or cook using the preferred method) and cut kernels from the cobs.
- Place kernels in a food processor with the milk, eggs and onion and pulse until fairly smooth but still textured
- Remove to a large bowl and stir in the chopped scallions, garlic, and cilantro.
- Stir in dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar, baking powder, coriander, and black pepper) into the corn mixture.
- Scoop batter into small golf-ball sized balls and cook in oil until cooked through and deep golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Place fritters on paper towels to drain.
- Serve with the sauce and enjoy!