Trying a new recipe is always a little risky especially when it doesn’t have the ingredients in it you think will add flavor. I know I recently tried cauliflower rice and it was downright disgusting! It was just cauliflower bits and had a flavor that was so icky. I learned just by FRESH every time and you can’t lose.
So this recipe I tried and even my hubby enjoyed it. No broth or store bought canned broth which means you will need to add salt to taste. The cilantro FRESH is a must for a garnish. It really adds to the flavor.
Hope you find it as enjoyable as we did! It’s May and it’s snowing out! 3″ so far…YUK so soup was a highlight of our day. Who knew? Soup in May!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium purple onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken up and chopped
- 32 oz water
- 1 tsp. of sea salt (more for taste if you like)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Minced fresh cilantro, garnish
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook and stir until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add Curry powder; cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add cauliflower and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk; cook an additional minute.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly and puree in a blender. (you can skip the puree part and just serve chunkier)
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with cilantro.
Yummy to the tummy!
Let me know if you tried it! Comment below.
Love deeper, talk sweeter,