The BEST Sugar Cookie Recipe!
A Long Haul
Spending 3 weeks in a hotel room and life upside down due to our son’s liver transplant, I was excited to arrive home for a week break and do some baking. I dreamed all the way home, (3 hours) of the recipes I wanted to make and seemly enough cookies were on the top of the list.
Being the season for cookie baking and what inspired me was seeing these new sugar cookie kisses. The kisses have cute little sprinkles in them and well….here ya go…my absolute favorite recipe! What makes it so special? The powdered sugar…and the joy of the time…our son’s long haul was heading in an upward climb vs. downward. Such a joy to make these and bring some back to him in a few days hopefully discharged! God is good…even with sugar cookies! You can read his miracle story here! Start from Nov. 1, 2020…amazing!
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 1 c. organic sugar
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh vanilla
- 4 c. flour, plus 2 tbsp.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
All spices I get from Starwest….truly fresh and organic. (link)
Extras: chocolate kisses, cookie cutters, old fashion sugar cookie with sugar sprinkled on top smashing using the bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Any way you choose these is amazing!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, with a paddle attachment, add eggs and butter until nice and creamy.
- Add sugars and vanilla, mix well.
- Mix in a separate bowl flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Slowly pour flour mixture into mixing bowl and mix until nice dough forms. Cover and place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- The next part is how you want to make your cookie. If you want the kisses, form balls using a cookie scoop. Bake for 9-11 minutes then as soon as they come out of the oven, place your kiss in the middle.
- If you want to make cookie-cutter ones, roll out your dough, make your shapes, sprinkle sugar if you like, and bake for 9-11 minutes. Decorate more if you like.
- Lastly is the old-fashioned way, form your balls with a scoop placing an ungreased tray. Using the bottom of a mason jar, dipped in butter, then dip into organic sugar ( I put on a plate) smash ball forming a nice sugar cookie. To DIE FOR!!!
Enjoy all the ways you can bite into this cookie! I truly love it and so does the family after such a long haul! On our way to healing…Praise the Lord!
Love deeper, talk sweeter, and thank the Lord for the good and bad times,